MARC intend to be recognised as the organisation that helps shape policy and positioning of the industry, with planned and effective external communications being critical to that aim.
With clearly defined messages and strategy MARC continues to give a voice to the radiator and convector industry, focussing on the specific needs of, and issues faced by the industry.
We are a division of the Energy & Utilities Alliance (EUA) which is a not-for-profit trade association that provides a leading industry voice to help shape the future policy direction within the energy sector. The EUA also acts as the umbrella organisation for the boiler, hot water, merchant, gas fire and water treatment sectors.
MARC’s main aims are to:
- Promote radiators as the primary heat emitter in the UK
- Uphold a mark of confidence in quality and compliance with best practice for merchants, installers and consumers
- Ensure industry wide compliance with the Construction Products Regulations, which applies to all products sold into the construction industry, including those purchased online.
- Engage with the principal trade bodies in this area.
- Work with EUA and other bodies that are part of EUA – the Hot Water and Heating Industry Council (HHIC), the Hot Water Association (HWA) and the Industrial & Commercial Heating Industry (ICOM) to lobby Government to ensure that we are considered part of the solution to reduce energy usage and improve air quality and the environment.